[UK-CONTEST] ROPOCO 2 - magnled post cosed

G4FNL g4fnl at bubloz.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 2 12:26:34 PDT 2009

As has been already stated, the ROPOCO contest earlier was a bit slow going.
I took part, and managed to squeeze 60 QSOs out of two hours (but two of
those QSOs were with ON stations - so really only 58 genuine Q's   :>o  )

A few regulars seemed to be missing - probably away on holiday.

We really need to find a few more people to come on and try this contest. It
really can be good fun and quite challenging. Unfortunately, for me, today
was just plain slow, and consequently, a bit boring.

There was the usual crop of mutilated post codes - for example DN50MAW,
TT1BK & JB2EQ

I was operating from the local University site which takes a little bit of
organising beforehand - having to lug all my gear up to the shack and home
again is a bit of a fag. I used an FT1000MP + TL922 amp and an 80m long
horizontal loop at approx 40ft. I also did the keying by hand - but will
probably change that to send from the keyboard another time.

>From right down here on the South Coast, I think my signal is OK - but I'm
never quite sure as I only ever operate from the site during the CC, and
similar contests, and it's difficult to know....

Anyway, my thanks to everyone for the Q's today

73  Graham G4FNL