[UK-CONTEST] UK-Contest Digest, Vol 80, Issue 5 an observation

Andy Swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Aug 4 02:10:17 PDT 2009

<4A77431C.70504 at semaos.plus.com>,
Christopher Soames <semaos at semaos.plus.com> wrote:
> ROPOCO  slow yes,
> Trashed post codes yes
>  boring no,   just more work for fewer Q's, I doubt if anyone worked

> everyone as I for one did not.
>
> Enjoyment yes.
>
> Just put up with the times and dates and get on with a slightly
> different contest.
>
> To the whingers I say see you in the next one if everything this end

> permits me to enter.
> I will probably get far less Q's than you but worried    not.

I was sorry not to be able to get on for this one,  but would have
echo'd the comments above if I had.   And another thing I would add is
that its fine for you whizo CW ops to hoover up all the workable
stations in 10 minutes and then moan about the duration, but I find that
it takes me the two hours to round everyone up, it's nice to have a
contest where you actually have time to enjoy it.   So have a thought
for those people who are not such hot shot CW ops who might prefer a bit
more time.   If anyone doesn't like the duration they could always come
on for the last half?

73
Andy
gm8oeg

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish charity, No: SC015096