[UK-CONTEST] SO section of VHF Contests

Chris Partington chrypart at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Aug 18 02:24:46 PDT 2009

Following Neil G3RIRs comments reference the VHF Contesting Forum, please
can I ask the Committee to consider changing  the rule reference Single
Operator (SO) section.

IMO both the operation and setting up of the station should be single
operator, e.g. no assistance in putting up antennas and providing any kind
of support before or during the Contest period, this would even include
making food, drinks etc.

I hope to be putting in an entry for the 144Mhz trophy but reviewing
previous results the "level" of antenna systems, in particular, used appears
unrealistic for any single operator to erect alone.

I think this is many putting off a few single operators from taking part in
the SO section and make it a more even playing field.

The SF section is a totally different issue.

73's,

Chris G0CLP/P