[UK-CONTEST] 144 UKAC Dec

Eddie G0EHV g0ehv at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 2 08:46:33 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: <gordon.paterson at blueyonder.co.uk>
To: <uk-contest at contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 12:10 PM
Subject: [UK-CONTEST] 144 UKAC Dec

I left home at 17:15 to travel to the /P location in heavy rain. The last
15 miles to the /P QTH were treacherous with sometimes an inch of snow
covering the road. That was easy next to the narrow single track road up
the hill. I could only see about 10m ahead in the freezing fog and the
snow was deeper with ditches either side of the road. But we made it up to
1600 feet ASL ok. It was blizzard conditions and I thought briefly about
going straight back down.

Hello Gordon,
That fantastic effort to get on /P makes my pathetic excuse of cold, wind and rain keeping me at home pale into insignificance!

With the exception of the last 70 MHz UKAC event, I'll not be out /P now until next year when the 70 MHz cumulatives start.
I don't mind a bit of wind but gales and snow - no thanks!

Hopefully a mild spring will tempt me back out on Tuesday evenings.

Regards
Eddie

G0EHV.....usually /P in IO94.