[UK-CONTEST] Morse Dyslexia

Laurence Mason laurence at forest-farm.co.uk
Fri Dec 4 03:36:31 PST 2009

I had a hearing test for a BBC job when I graduated. The trouble was
there was someone in the room next door using a hammer drill - which the
lady executing the test apologised for and the test was performed in the
quiet moments between holes being drilled.

However what I did not tell her was that I could hear her leather soled
shoes hitting the foot switch every time she sent a tone. It became a
question of trying to decide which tones I was actually meant to hear
rather than those that I knew she had sent. After a time there was one
where I said that I thought I might be able to hear a tone but was not
really sure and she admitted that my hearing was very good (genuinely)
and that she had tried the machine a zero o/p to see if I could hear it.

I passed the test but  for better or worse I turned down the BBC...

Laurence G4HTD