[UK-CONTEST] propagation SSB CC

Keith Martin G0GFQ keith at g0gfq.com
Tue Feb 3 16:49:03 EST 2009

I’m only a few miles further North of you out here on the North Norfolk
coast and I couldn’t even hear you guys near Norwich, all signals were mushy
and difficult. As you know Malcolm, we’ve experienced some very weird
propagation in the past here in Norfolk on 80m unfortunately only having my
vertical I was unable to exploit the freaky conditions I heard here last
month
thank god Mark M3WYX could. I think the way Norfolk coast sticks out
in the North sea causes these anomalies, weather is even unpredictable

It has happened in previous years in February, I think my score of 29 (not
submitted) last year was the highest in our group with a rubbish vertical
and 10w. It’s not always the best antenna or set-up that gets the score, if
you’re lucky with freaky propagation everything comes your way so you work
it!

Keith "GØGFQ"