[UK-CONTEST] CC Contest RSGB membership

David Barber david.barber at dbelectronics.co.uk
Tue Feb 10 08:02:19 EST 2009

Call me old fashioned but I believe in the premise that if you can't afford
to pay for something you shouldn't expect to have it!

Whilst I fully support any individual's choice to be or not to be a member,
there seems little reason to me to claim that RSGB membership is
unaffordable and if we expect it, or sub-divisions of it, to administer
activities where else is the funding to come from?

God knows I have my differences with the RSGB (Colin Thomas Note!) but I
still support its underlying purpose and maintain my membership even though
barred from receiving membership benefits, in the expectation that things
will improve.

Bottom line, if you can afford to transmit you can afford RSGB membership
and should seriously consider being a member.

David
G8OQW

********