[UK-CONTEST] RE Contest RSGB Membership

terry burbidge terryburbidge at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Feb 10 12:28:26 EST 2009

Worm can opener at the ready. The capitalist in me supports David
(G8OQW). However, if it really is a question of affordability, as Pete
(G3KNU) mentions for some of his club members, then why not have a golf club
'country member' type category. Maybe reduced voting and Radcom rights for
example - does such a category already exist? I would hate for anyone to be
excluded from some activities which don't really cost. I can easily afford
the current full membership fees today but one or two bad business decisions
tomorrow and membership of the RSGB will be the least of my problems.
Anyhow, hopefully the flack will have died down by the time I return from
5B4.

Cheers,

Terry
G4MKP