[UK-CONTEST] BEVERAGE QUESTION

Don Beattie g3ozf at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 16 11:03:24 EST 2009

Slightly OT, but I expect someone here knows the answer to this:

In short, how straight does a Beverage need to be ? I use a K9AY at the moment, and have not had too much success with Beverages. But I am thinking of trying again. I can run wires through the forest here at constant height, but they would slightly kink from side to side if I use the trees as supports. Short of modelling it all on EZNEC, does any one have empirical evidence of what you can get away with  without destroying the effectiveness of the antenna ?  For example if I put up a 200m long beverage with a kink from side to side of up to, say, 1 metre, would that be a reasonable antenna ?

73

Don, G3BJ