[UK-CONTEST] Mega stations in the UK and elsewhere

Steve Knowles g3ufy at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Feb 22 16:58:30 EST 2009

As a member of RSGB Contests Committee I need to point out that what follows
is my personal opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the policy of the
Society or its Committees .....

Mike,

You have a beam AND 400W, so you have the capability to enter ANY of our
contest sections.  If you don't like the idea of competing against other
stations with beams and legal limit power output, you could always try QRP!
What you do is your free choice and is not constrained by RSGB rules.  Too
many categories makes a nonsense out of contesting, anyway, and if there
isn't a "G3VAO customised" one available why not join the others like me and
mess with the big boys ... we never win anything but without us to be beaten
the winners' victories would be hollow indeed!

Steve  G3UFY