[UK-CONTEST] Fwd: TBDC - G3LET

Peter Hobbs peter at tilgate.co.uk
Tue Jan 6 11:46:05 EST 2009

(third attempt - originally posted 30 Dec)

K3 + amp and 250 ft wire sloping down to the NW, all hand logged.

A most enjoyable event, with a lot of G stations around for at least part
of the time. The main excitement was the 5 hour opening to JA, with strong
signals over a broad peak of about 90 minutes, resulting in 35 worked (many
times more than ever before). This may have been partly down to some extra
temporary radials I´d laid out on the grass. Although the NA side
didn't really compare with this, activity made up for conditions to a
large extent.

Upon keying the log into SD, I discovered that most of the W7s were not (as
I had thought when working them) escapees to the eastern seaboard, but
where they were supposed to be. Now have a better idea of what the locators
mean!

Reception, especially when affected by the inexcusable EU signals, was
often extremely painful and many of the QSOs would have been impossible
without the K3. I just about have space for a short NW beverage, so that is
well on the list.

or anything else to the SE, but plenty of activity from central and south
america. Paul calculated the total at 3523 (net of LP/QRP bonuses).

Thanks to all (including many subscribers to this forum) for the QSOs.
73 and a very Happy New Year to all
Peter G3LET (currently /EA8)