[UK-CONTEST] Plasma TV(i)

Callum m0mcx callum at mccormick.uk.com
Tue Jan 6 12:21:28 EST 2009

An update on the Panasonic QRN: I explained the plasma RF emission issue to
the kind man at John Lewis who went away and talked to Panasonic. After many
weeks, it emerged that the plasma set did generate lots of RF and Panasonic
told John Lewis this, however they did not accept any liability for causing
QRN to me. Basically in their view, it was tough.

After a quiet debate one morning, John Lewis agreed that despite what
Panasonic UK said, since they now knew there was an issue, they would give
me a complete refund on the whole original transaction and allowed me to
start again. The good news is that just before Christmas, I took delivery of
a shiny new large Samsung LCD telly and a new cabinet. I can tell you that
the picture quality and intensity is actually BETTER than the plasma and it
generates no emissions.

I'd like to single out John Pink (G8MM) who kept up the encouragement for me
to keep the pressure on John Lewis and filled me in on behind the scenes
chatter that he and his colleagues have whilst sitting on the BSI Test
Committee. In the end though, I didn't need to get angry or press my case
hard, as I was advised to do (which I normally find quite natural by the
way!) as John Lewis were extremely understanding.

Good job. Thanks all for your encouragement in solving issue.

Callum McCormick
http://www.m0mcx.co.uk/