[UK-CONTEST] feeding 12V to remote location.

Chris Tran ZL1CT zl1ct1 at gm7v.com
Wed Jan 7 01:49:11 EST 2009

Hi Graeme et al

> Does any one know of a suitable source of a couple of DC bias-T devices?
> I want to power a remotely sited ATU via >the antenna coax.

This is from the ARRL website :
Antenna system builders will want to look over a pair of new products from
Array Solutions. The Bias-T MASTER is a 1.8-54 MHz stand-alone weatherproof
unit that permits the application or extraction of dc power and control
voltages of up to 1.5 amps via your coaxial cable feed line. That eliminates
the requirement for and expense of an extra dc power cable. The Bias-T
MASTER can be used for remote powering of remote RF switches, mast-mounted
preamps or remote-mounted autotuners. It easily handles full legal limit
power. For the lower-current needs of mast-mounted preamps or other low
current devices, the Array Solutions Bias-T PLUS (on the same Web page) is
rated at up to 400 mA of dc current and full legal RF power from 1.8 - 148
MHz. (Thanks, Jay WX0B)
Unfortunately these will probably be expensive, especially with the UK pound
to US dollar exchange rate as it is.

Worth building your own - 2 diecast boxes with sockets on each end, 2
feedthru capacitors, 2 RF chokes and 2 decoupling caps are (probably) all
that is needed..

73
Chris
ZL1CT / GM3WOJ