[UK-CONTEST] OT: Doublet size

David, G3YYD g3yyd at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 7 10:46:38 EST 2009

David

It depends what you want to work and in what direction(s) your antenna
can run. You could use a quarter wavelength on one side of the feeder
and then a lot of wire on the other side so as to get a beam effect. You
could also look at the polar diagrams for dipoles greater than half
wavelength to see how they would offer coverage of wanted areas etc. You
could use your acreage for beverages to maximimise DX RX capability etc.

You are asking the proverbial, "How long is a piece of string?" question
- need more data about you available land and what you want to do with
the bands.

David G3YYD