[UK-CONTEST] 144 UK AC

Adrian Rees (MW1LCR) rees.a at btconnect.com
Wed Jan 7 11:50:46 EST 2009

Well I have been upgrading my VHF / UHF station over Christmas, and
MW1LCR now sports new 2m and 70cm Yagi's. Power is still less than 100w
on both bands though.

Anyway, I thought last nights Contest activity was the same as previous
Tuesday nights contest activity, certainly with the volume of stations I
worked being about the same.I deliberately made the effort to beam to
EI/GI as well as GM. I was rewarded with a GM contact, only the one
though !

ODX was PD2TW in JO33FI at 641Km. Quite pleased with that, although I
later discovered that I was being called by PE1EWR during the contest,
who I subsequently worked on 70cm after the contest.

I'll be on again for most of the UKAC VHF/UHF contests as I'm QRV on6,2
and 70. If anyone wants to try 4 or 23cm from my place (1,500 feet asl)
let me know.

Regards

Adrian MW1LCR