[UK-CONTEST] Cables

Ian White GM3SEK gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Mon Jan 12 02:15:46 EST 2009

Peter Hobbs wrote:
>And if you're concerned about the effects of weather, all the rhombic
>antennas at VPC Port Stanley (over several km) were fed with Hi-Z open line,
>as also was my own rhombic at Signy Island (VP8/o), which used home-made
>spacers from nylon rod and lasted over 15 years without maintenance (until
>taken down for "environmental reasons").  See
>http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/tilgate/Signy#5111704340623019954
>
>73, Peter G3LET

Amazing photo album - thanks for the link, Peter.

Photo 7 says: "Great circle map of the world centred on Signy I., hand
produced in 1962 using log tables.  On completion, inspection revealed
the world  to consist of an inland lake, surrounded on all sides by the
USSR.  Time to produce 4 months."

How times have changed!

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK