[UK-CONTEST] AFS contest etiquette

Chris G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 12 06:31:48 EST 2009

I agree. It is not the norm, nor acceptable practice. Having said that,
sometimes it is difficult to decide who was originally running on a
particular freq. I found several times when I was S&P higher up the
band, having heard a callsign and report, I was not sure and had to wait
until one of the stations CQed before I could confirm. One of the things
that makes the process more difficult is when the calling station sends
the CQing station's callsign with the exchange. So, I CQ, XXXXX replies,
I send XXXXX 5NN 26, he sends G3SJJ 5NN 13. Very confusing to someone
who is S&P and might need a QSO with XXXXX. (Ray wasn't doing that!)

Chris G3SJJ