[UK-CONTEST] AFS Contest Logs - Duplicate Indication question

G3VDB (Jim) jimevans at g3vdb.com
Tue Jan 13 08:27:06 EST 2009

Hello all,

Is it required to indicate duplicates in the log or merely to remove them
from the claimed score (and perhaps comment on them in Soapbox). If
indication is required is it an additional column at the end and must all
lines have this field?
___________

Thanks to all for the fun on Sunday - only my second semi "serious" attempt
at CW contesting.

Did 3.5 hours out of the 4 taking a lunch break at request of xyl after
first 40mins (!). Came back and immediately duplicated G3MEM and G3UFY to
whom much grovelling apologies. I discovered that the software I was using
has an unreliable duplicate indication - some others had to tell me "QSO B4"
before I realised what was going on. A bit finger of trouble on at least one
other occasion ended up with someone getting a random 599nnn instead of a
callsign - hopefully it can only get better!

Ended up with brain ache and 122 + the 2 dups, all but two by S&P, at which
point I decided that my CW and typing is not yet up to responding to the
first call after a CQ!.

Now I need to change software to something more conventional, and get the
courage to try a bit of running.

Regards and see you in the CW (and data) CC's

Jim