[UK-CONTEST] Beta Testers Wanted

James Thresher James.Thresher at Jaama.co.uk
Tue Jan 13 14:41:08 EST 2009

I am currently looking for people to participate in what will initially be a Closed Beta release for some new logging software that is under development.

The software is designed to make use of the capabilities of more modern PC's and is primarily aimed at contesters (although not at the expense of general logging or special event logging). It is currently designed around phone operating however more specific capabilities relating to CW and Data modes will be added as the development progresses.

Although it is still in Its early stages the software is now at a point where I believe it is ready for testing by a small selection of the Amateur Radio community outside of our small group that originally conceived of this project.

Radio support is quite limited at present  but if you wish to take part in the beta testing and have a radio that is not currently supported this would also be beneficial as we will be able to expand the radio's currently supported.

As beta testers we would like people to not only test the software in general usage but also provide feedback and suggestions on its features, so often people suggest great ideas for the developers of the existing range of logging software and these get ignored, this is not our intention.

The goal of this project is to ultimately produce a world class logging program that will not only provide people with the "edge" in contesting but also function as a general purpose logger too. This is not a commercial venture, the software is free and will always remain free.

If you are interested in taking part in this initial small closed beta please contact me directly.

(If you are familiar with VB.NET and would perhaps like to get involved in the development I would also be interested, many hands make and all that :))

Thanks

73 James M3YOM