[UK-CONTEST] Novice report.

ALEX LISTER alexcom22 at btopenworld.com
Sun Jan 18 08:39:24 EST 2009

My 1st SSB HF AFS..
Enjoyed my self no end apologies to anyone who I attempted to work twice.
Made up for them who  tried to work me as a dupe !
Was an upcock this end inadvertantly Noticed SD log was on default of 20 mrs so changed to 80 mrs.
This meant the ist 35 contacts were not dupe checked.
Tried editing but decided to press on regardless.

Skip wise here was not a problem,
Vy pleased with the 170 ft / 7- ft feeder doublet.
Stanby amp worked OK but only got abt 300 peak out.
Had a negative report from Graham G4FNL said I was wide so turned it down to abt 200 hope that was a bit cleaner ?
Homebrew last minute ATU worked OK.

Next year will run 400 watts I hope.
I think if I nad held a decent CQ spot at  400 watts then could have made 300+
A rx loop for RX would have been handy some amazing signals.
QSO rates reminded me of 144 VHF NFD.
My ambition as always is to better those old G3,s.
Tks to all for the contacts .
Alex Lister G8FCQ
alexcom22 at btopenworld.com
 07711 411 945