[UK-CONTEST] FT1000MP HELP

Don Beattie g3ozf at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 22 15:37:58 EST 2009

A bit off topic, but I'm hoping someone will know the answer to this.

One of my FT1000MPs (the original version) has suddenly started to tune itself. It is, in effect, permanently in scan mode. It pauses when it comes across a signal, and the resumes. I've tried switching if off and on again, and also have unplugged the mic, in case there was a wire lose in the plug, initiating one of the scan lines. Nothing seems to stop it.

I fear something sinister, but has anyone had this problem ?  Any suggestions welcome.

73

Don, G3BJ