[UK-CONTEST] Sequence of a typical Contest exchange

Chris Tran ZL1CT zl1ct1 at gm7v.com
Sat Jan 24 17:21:08 EST 2009

Hello David et al

I agree with Paul EI5DI - other than for the Mac platform perhaps, I'm not
sure why anyone would want to spend time developing new logging software
when there are so many good packages out there already.

Considering contest logging software, the best software uses the absolute
*minimum* number of keystokes to complete and log the QSO.

For example, using Win-Test in CQ WW SSB (no serial numbers and I've chosen
SSB to avoid another wrangle about the pros and cons of ESM mode), you enter
the callsign and hit 'Return' - end of story. The 'automatic exchange
guessing' fills in the Zone field as soon as you enter the prefix - you
sometimes have to correct it before or after hitting return (esp with U.S.
stations) but Win-Test editing is very easy. Dupe checking is also done
automatically without having to press any keys.

73
Chris
ZL1CT / GM3WOJ