[UK-CONTEST] vhf field day self spotting abuse

Paul_group paul_group at greenrover.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 6 06:05:51 PDT 2009

David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:

> Sorry to any that got 5x 5x, xxx, xxx, IO80ST IO80ST - someone spotted
> that Sat evening and put me straight to give 5x xxx, 5x xxx, IO80ST
> IO80ST.

Send it any order you like David, the fact that IO80 was there is good news!

For me it is easier if it comes rst - nr - qth as thats the default
entry in most logging prog's .... well the ones I've used anyway.

n.b. I do believe that there is one that allows entry in any order -
which is good ;-)

My keyer was playing up as usual, (I've been blaming that for years) so
I had a few truncated cw messages and having to fill on the paddle...
that always adds a bit of an extra challenge for my qso partner.

Poor GM8CLY/P suffered that most from me on Sunday morning .. he sent
RRR's so I think we got there in the end, even though it was completed
at ESP level.

> I thoroughly enjoyed it and learnt a lot that will be of value in UKAC
> etc.

And that's good news - the results should be interesting this year as
the 2m ES should have had a big effect on some scores.

Regards Paul

--
73 de Paul GW8IZR IO73TI
http://www.gw8izr.com