[UK-CONTEST] RSGB Low Power Contest 2009

John Almberg jalmberg at identry.com
Fri Jul 17 13:44:56 PDT 2009

> I can't spot any rules that would stop you entering if you are an RSGB
> member. Your chances of contacting other participants are very low
> indeed though - it is really a domestic/near Eu contest.

Richard,

I take from General Rule 7 that non-UK stations do not have to be
RSGB members.

7. Entrants
(a) All operators of UK stations must be RSGB members except visiting
amateurs, not normally resident in the UK. UK stations may not use
special (eg GB, GX etc) callsigns nor be /MM or /AM.

But if you read the rules carefully, there is nothing in either the
General rules or the specific contest rules that says a US station
can't work a Canadian station for a valid QSO. Foreign stations must
work UK stations for multipliers, but a French station working a
Spanish station seems to be valid, yes?

I just worked a French station the other night, running 4 watts, so
it is definitely possible you might hear me!

-- John