[UK-CONTEST] Re :- New CQWW Category.

brian coyne g4odv at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 15 07:36:24 PDT 2009

Obviously I jumped the gun and didn't read the new rules and assumed it was ok for tx antennas too - I still feel it's the thin end of the wedge tho', how could it ever be proved that the 'tx' button at that 'remote' site had not been pressed?. If everybody can hear everybody all of the time what are we left with? nothing but a rate event for the loudest voices although some would say that is what we have already. All I know is that there is no way on earth, with what I have, I could ever work zone 3 on 80, probably 40 too, and if  a stn from that area answered my cq call I would now know how and why, I do not want to work repeaters.

Rolling propagation is where we excercise our skills, substitute this for remote location antennas  and we get further down the slippery slope in the way that our ears have been substituted for eyes with cluster and skimmer.

I guess the problem for top guns is 'to hell with principals we gotta stay competetive' the irony is that having looked at the results of the innovators some will still cheat by not declaring themselves in the correct category.

I shall remain happy to stay in the low power brigade ranks where there is no kudos or big prize acclaim for winning, so little incentive to cheat, skimmer apart maybe, can't see lp ops needing to use cluster as we need to run away from those piles not join them.

I appreciate Roger (SXW) taking the time to correct some mis-conceptions and trying to ease our fears, time will tell!

73  Brian 5B4AIZ  (C4Z)