[UK-CONTEST] rules apply even when they can't always beenforced?

Jiri Culak jiriculak at aol.com
Wed May 20 06:00:56 PDT 2009

Hmm....well, if you consider RSGB events then maybe. If you talk about IARU
VHF/UHF events then it's a bit over-stretched.
Running from G/EI is disadvantage on its own and to compete against rest of
EU who do have access to KST would be suicide for most others.
(Mainly those not on east coast ;)
But I have read about simillar suicides in the past, WWII is good expample.
We will get beaten hands down, but at least we will get beaten
with noble idea in our minds.
Guys, technology is going forward, first time DX Cluster came along it
created simillar argtuments.
RTTY... What is RTTY when you need PC/Machine to decode it..is just faster
CW of a sort.
PSK etc. If most uf people here are moaning on creating vertical , indoors,
angry wife and poor location category with little investment,
Maybe it would be fair to at least keep a step with rest of world and
abandon 70's 80's ideas. We are now in world of PCs, internet but still
using
Obsolette comunication technology. Most of us do it for joy, fun and for
feeling of achievement....at least I do...
With all respect, if you look at age spectrum of HAM population, it is not
20-30, is it ?
Do you want followers in hobby? We have few and from that few how many goes
contesting onto VHF and up?

Paul EI5DI - you said something like having a boats with engines as long as
you don't use them... Same as having a software with SCP and locator
database and disabling the feature? ;-)