[UK-CONTEST] Re 1 CW Sending speed

Ken Chandler g0orh at sky.com
Wed Nov 25 01:51:37 PST 2009

Hi Chris et al
Yes a very interesting thread, I for one like to keep my speed
constant depending on condx. In the LZ contest last weekend my speed
on 15m was 34wpm...ish,  condx were great and the VK's and W"s were
storming in.
I have problems with copy on slow Morse due to my tinitus which was
not caused via radio,  but firearms induced hearing lose.
With white noise (tinitus) running from say  1-10  mine is 7! Slow
code is a problem. However fast code is not a problem and I'm very
happy at the higher speeds under all condx and bands. However, I
always respond to QRS pse.
In CC my speed is 26wpm....ish

These days you don't have to know the code to work a station even
running 50wpm. Where I live we have a G8 who uses the cluster and
decoding software in contests and for working DX traffic,!!
I have tried to get the staion away from running software and join my
Morse classes but he's happy with software decoding.

While I'm on the subject of decoding software, I have suspected for
sometime that stations who cause qrm etc on dx freq. Cannot actually
copy the code as they are using software to decode the dx staion, of
course the cluster will be used as a tool to meet their goal!

Ken...G0ORH

Sent from my iPhone
      CW4EVER