[UK-CONTEST] UK-Contest Digest, Vol 82, Issue 4

Geoffg4afj at aol.com Geoffg4afj at aol.com
Sun Oct 4 12:19:44 PDT 2009

Didn't even realise the contest was on. Did it get publicity last week on
GB2RS?

I tuned the band at 09.00 and the only signal I could hear was FT5GA! He
was the loudest I have heard him so far. He went qrt b4 I managed to attract
his  attention. A bit later TO7RJ was spotted and he was weak here. I
couldn't have  worked him if I had wanted to except by esp!

I did check the band later in the day for the FT5 but they seem to have
given up on 10m today. The band was notably quiet didn't hear any G's calling
CQ.

It is some considerable time since I entered this contest. It was probably
when it was a single band contest. Back in those days there was a fair
chance I  would work some countries that I needed, now I guess I probably have
250 worked  on 10m and am waiting for the return of the sunspots to work all
the exotic  pacific islands!

Think you have to be more than a masochist to sit at the rig for 12 hours
on a Sunday to make a few contacts! Bit different from when I was working
strings of JA's in the morning and W's in the afternoon. But then I was using
a  quad perhaps I should replace my present aerial. (TH11 parked at 60
feet).

73, Geoff, G4AFJ