[UK-CONTEST] Publishing logs

Peter Hobbs peter at tilgate.co.uk
Tue Oct 13 07:20:45 PDT 2009

Well Andy, the principle of doing as you suggest has been established by
CQ Magazine, which posts ALL CQWW logs, even before the results are
declared.  As far as I know, none of the entrants have grumbled over
much, or if they have they've been over-ruled!  Of course, CQ has the
process fully automated and so minimal work by the adjudicators is
involved and I imagine they are salaried staff anyway, as opposed to our
RSGB CC volunteers.  Because of the effort required to do it manually,
it probably isn't reasonable to expect this to happen here just yet,
however the work currently under way on rolling out the log submission
robot could perhaps lead in that direction.
73, Peter G3LET

Andy Summers wrote:

>Hi,
>
>In the aftermarth of the (preliminary) SSB Field Day results, I'm wondering
>how on earth to make up the significant ground between us (M0CAM/P) and the
>leaders.
>
>It would be really interesting to the rest of us to know what the leading
>ops do and when. I can understand that the leaders want to protect their
>positions, but it's got to be good thing to promote self-improvement and in
>the end - competition?
>
>I'm suggesting the publishing of those logs that attract a certificate. We
>would currently be one of those logs.
>
>I'm sure this sort of thing must have been discussed before in this forum,
>but I can't find it via Google. There may be a good reason why this isn't a
>good idea? I'm sure someone can tell me if this is the case!?
>
>73,
>Andy, G4KNO.

Peter Hobbs
Business Area Manager, Communications
Drumgrange Ltd.

Tel: +44 (1932) 581113
Fax: +44 (1932) 569646
email: phobbs at drumgrange.co.uk <mailto:phobbs at drumgrange.co.uk>
www.drumgrange.com <http://www.drumgrange.com>

HQ Office:
The Forum
Hanworth Lane
Surrey  KT16 9JX
United Kingdom

Home Office:
Tel: +44 (1444) 400750
email: peter at tilgate.co.uk <mailto:peter at tilgate.co.uk>

This message has been sent from my Home Office.  It has been scanned
using the latest available Virus Database.  However, as new viruses may
appear at any time, Drumgrange Ltd. does not accept responsibility for
any that may remain.