[UK-CONTEST] IOTA 2009 Provisional results.

brian coyne g4odv at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 15 23:35:46 PDT 2009

Regulars here will know that I do more than my fair share of criticising our rules, committee, participation or whatever so I now wish to be quick off the mark to give credit where it is due with sincere congratulations to all those involved with the running and ajudication of this contest.

To handle over 2000 logs with almost 600k contacts and get those results out in such a highly easy to search and highly readable form after just 3 months was an effort of awesome proportions. A very big thank you from me and my fellow entrants.

Contrast that with CQWW - SSB, to take place next weekend yet CQ have not yet managed to get their 2008 scores placed online. Roger (SXW) may well defend them on the basis that CQ is a commercial organisation which needs subscriptions but 12 months and no show is stretching goodwill a bit!

I have done quite a few contests in this past year so had an opportunity to judge  how various other national societies compare with time taken and quality of their finalised results presentations and there are none which measure up to this IOTA performance and format. Some do not even send out an email to advise that results are published, others take an age to find your category and result. Maybe RSGB could market this system to other societies, with a royalty most definately due to the program writer(s).

All the best,

Brian 5B4AIZ.