[UK-CONTEST] Proposed change to UK Activity Contest

Andy Swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Oct 21 01:42:57 PDT 2009

"John Lemay" <john at carltonhouse.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> Common sense tells us that we would each like a multiplier system that gives
> our own station an edge ..............

What, like allowing squares in DL to be multipliers in a UK contest?   Remind me again, what was your locator John?

AIUI  Rays proposal is based around increasing the incentive to look for Inter UK activity thereby making the contest more interesting for _UK_ stations, not about giving an edge.    If you only get 20 QSOs in two and half hours from the "edge" you aren't going to bother doing it for long.

73
'8oeg

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish charity, No: SC015096