[UK-CONTEST] Proposed change to UK Activity Contest

Ian Burns ian at g0afh.com
Wed Oct 21 02:17:18 PDT 2009

Hi Andy et all,

Some seem to have the impression that those of us in JO01 do nothing but
work strings of DL's all evening. For me, that is certainly not the
case. My log usually contains one or two DL's, one ON, and two PA's.
Best DX is often one of the GM's. Despite being so close to France it's
unusual to work any F's at all.

I do work a lot of small stations local to me that are unlikely to be
heard outside of the south east. Most of the time the antenna is to the
north or west.

<Tin hat and flack jacket on...>

If you want to increase what you can work from the edge, allow KST again.

Ian
G0AFH