[UK-CONTEST] Proposed change to UK Activity Contest

Ray James gm4cxm at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 21 06:54:52 PDT 2009

--- On Wed, 21/10/09, Peter Bowyer <peter at bowyer.org> wrote:

> So... do we want to play our part in encouraging cross-Eu
> activity, or do we want to go back to encouraging intra-UK activity? I
> can't see how we could easily do both.
>
> Peter G4MJS

The incentive is present to encourage both inter-UK contacts for ppKm + mults as well as cross-EU for ppKm. A far more interesting evenings challenge that in order to do well a primary beam heading of east or south east would be a tactical error for the majority of the 2.5 hours but doesn't stop anyone doing so.
A simple change to UK only squares as a mult certainly throws the bias for a good result to be dependent on working as many UK squares as possible but hey....it's a UK Activity Contest after all.

The more activity we can muster from all corners of the UK the better for the hobby here.

If David wasn't so busy playing with his V beam and toying with getting the Log Periodic up, I'm sure he would agree ;-)

73 Ray GM4CXM