[UK-CONTEST] Rotator choice/long rotator cable runs

Simon Jude simon at simonjude.co.uk
Thu Oct 22 04:58:46 PDT 2009

Hi,
Can anybody help?

I'm about to setup an X7 tribander which I'd like to locate on a
trailer tower in our field, upto 100m from my shack.  Having chatted
with local hams and looked at the Yaesu rotator manuals there seems to
be very little info about the problem of voltage drops over such long
runs of cable.

Has anybody on the list got a similar setup to the one I plan, and if
so, have you had any problems with rotator voltage drops?  Are some
rotators better in this respect than others?

Any tips would be appreciated

73

Simon

--