[UK-CONTEST] CQWW SSB - Some thoughts

Roger G3SXW g3sxw at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 28 06:34:44 PDT 2009

Blimey, just the word 'serious' evokes such a strong reaction! I meant, of
course, serious as in those who wish to maximise their performance. To do so
is not just to hone operating skills but also to improve antennas, upgrade
their transceiver, introduce a laptop into the shack etc. No, it's not just
rich people: I know plenty of people (me included) who have built gradually
over the years with what can be afforded. But there's no instant
gratification.

Actually, it is correct to say that these days almost all leading contesters
have CAT control. I'd suggest that it's something to aspire to, if you
haven't already got it - yet one more important tool in the contesting
tool-box.
73 de Roger/G3SXW.