[UK-CONTEST] SD Updated

Laurence Mason laurence at forest-farm.co.uk
Thu Apr 1 02:35:33 PDT 2010

Paul,

Some great features but I'm disappointed that IPLOGCHK (Internet
Protocol Log Check) seems to be missing. Via this mode all contacts can
be confirmed in real time over the WWW with the station you are working.
Any missing or incorrect data will be automatically corrected. This will
solve so many problems with postcodes mis-read in ROPOCO and make WPX
easier without having to struggle with those pesky serial numbers. As
the logs will now be perfect the results can be purely based on claimed
scores making the work of the various committees so much easier.

A selectable option ( to allow for assisted operation) will be to
automatically QSY to the known frequency of other stations on the band
and squirt RF at each other and log the contact - checks will be made
via beacon and spotter networks to ensure there is some vague form of
propagation over the path but signal strength is frankly unimportant as
it will be 599 - which must of course still be sent but reception is not
really a requirement. Clearly some protocol will have to be developed to
avoid the situation where both stations decide to QSY at the same
moment. CW speeds can be set extremely high so the feature will not
interrupt your run frequency which may still be required for any
stations not entering the assisted section of the contest.

73

Laurence G4HTD