[UK-CONTEST] Deliberately Corrupting call signs.

Ian & Steph Fugler (G4IIY) zen90387 at zen.co.uk
Mon Apr 5 11:22:01 PDT 2010

I tend to agree with Roger, but have huge empathy with the name and shame
camp.

I'm still trying to reconcile in my mind the advantage of this practice in
the SP contest.  I've heard people 'pretending' to be from other continents
when a DX station asks, for instance, for Africa or NA only.  They send
their last two.  When the DX station asks for that one, the full call
arrives with an IZ8, etc. prefix.  But deliberately sending the wrong call
in a contest and then having to correct it just seems bizarre.

Ian G4IYI