[UK-CONTEST] Uk activity on VHF

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Wed Apr 7 01:18:25 PDT 2010

On 7 Apr 2010 at 3:23, Regwoolley at aol.com wrote:

> I note as always last night there were great levels of activity from the
>  Manchester area as with Birmingham and a few other place's. However
> some spots  on the map are almost white noise. For example my old home
> of S Wales I had not  one QSO! Another area I don't often work is the
> region north of Manchester to  central Scotland! You may say well that's
> very rural but there are large area of  population in them such as
> Newcastle and Carlisle. I wonder if any of you not  the same?

I wonder if any of you 2m chaps noticed any auroral activity last
night. In the past couple of days there has been a huge geomagnetic
storm, with the HF bands being totally dead and there has been reports
of auroral on VHF. Might have affected things in last nights contest.

(myself I didn't even listen, though with the HF bands dead I might
have found more QSOs there even with my vertical...).

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com