[UK-CONTEST] Uk activity on VHF

Regwoolley at aol.com Regwoolley at aol.com
Wed Apr 7 01:23:08 PDT 2010

dave at davesergeant.com writes:

I wonder  if any of you 2m chaps noticed any auroral activity last
night. In the  past couple of days there has been a huge geomagnetic
storm, with the HF  bands being totally dead and there has been reports
of auroral on VHF.  Might have affected things in last nights contest.

(myself I didn't  even listen, though with the HF bands dead I might
have found more QSOs  there even with my vertical...).

73 Dave G3YMC

Yes I did have a listen heard a few sm's and gm's but there was nothing
new! However during the contest the Aurora kept away!

Reg G8VHI