[UK-CONTEST] Uk activity on VHF

Ray James gm4cxm at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 7 04:46:04 PDT 2010

Why the surprise Reg?
As soon as the 2m/70cm UKAC Cluster/Chat ban came in yet the M2 multiplier remained I warned this would have the greatest implication for locations in the UK away from centres of activity. GM, GI, GW GU/GJ and the South West of England in particular. The nearest "G" I worked last night was almost 300Km away!
If the rules remain unchanged then to be honest Reg, you're just going to have to accept that from now forward, 2m/70cm UKAC's are really England Activity Contests in all but name. The "Club" aspect has certainly upped the numbers competing in England so it has become a contest with high local and near local log filling sessions interspersed with a minority of longer distance contacts. Never mind the quality, feel the width!

73 Ray GM4CXM