[UK-CONTEST] Uk activity on VHF

Eddie G0EHV g0ehv at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 7 02:27:12 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: <Regwoolley at aol.com>
To: <uk-contest at contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 8:23 AM
Subject: [UK-CONTEST] Uk activity on VHF

>I note as always last night there were great levels of activity from the
> Manchester area as with Birmingham and a few other place's. However some
> spots  on the map are almost white noise. For example my old home of S
> Wales I
> had not  one QSO! Another area I don't often work is the region north of
> Manchester to  central Scotland! You may say well that's very rural but
> there
> are large area of  population in them such as Newcastle and Carlisle. I
> wonder
> if any of you not  the same?
>
> Reg G8VHI

Hello Reg,
Well I wasn't out /P last night (usually IO94 or IO84), family visit.
I will however be out much more now that the WX is changing for the better.
Hopefully about next Tuesday of 432 and possibly Sunday on 50MHz.

I can confirm that levels of activity in NE England are generally pretty
poor, I can count on one hand the number of stations who are active on
contests or SSB in general!

Regards,
Eddie
G0EHV (usually /P)