[UK-CONTEST] STROKE QRP SHOULD I LOG IT?

Stewart Rolfe gw0etf at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 11 01:21:33 PDT 2010

But what about the maxim of logging (exactly) what you hear..?

I don't agree with it's use either but have assumed I'll lose points if the software doesn't see a match between sent and logged call; I wouldn't expect the software or adjudicators to be able or willing to make the distinction. Why lose a point just to make a point?

/qrp simply indicates you are imposing operating limits on yourself; some of the several US /calls I've logged include W1AA/CC (Marconi) and another /MD for IMD. My logging software (ofcourse) called these wrongly for DXCC and I had to manually intervene but I left the verbiage in since they seemed integral at the time.

73,

Stewart, GW0ETF/low wire doublet for all bands