[UK-CONTEST] UK-Contest Digest, Stupid Phonetics

tom wylie thomaswylie at sky.com
Sun Apr 11 08:46:34 PDT 2010

Not everybody in the World has English as a first language and not
everybody in the World uses the Phonetic Language...

Guatemala Mexico quatro france denmark mexico
"Le deagh dhùrachd"

James Hill wrote:
> On 11/04/2010 16:36, Ken Eastty wrote:
>>
>> Too right Chris,
>>
>> I can't understand why some stations use 'Germany' as the phonetic for
>> 'G'. If anyone had done that when I was first licensed they would
>> probably have been carted off to the Tower of London with echoes of
>> "Germany Calling" still in people minds.
>>

> I dont know about this one..... sometimes I have trouble with "Golf Zero
> Foxtrot Hotel Mike".....
>
> Particularly with G stations, I usually find that "Fat Hairy Minger"
> seems to get them to copy it correctly, after a few goes "properly".
>
> :-)
>
> James G0FHM

I am fully aware that my youth has been spent
That my get up and go - has got up and went
But I really dont mind when I think with a grin
of all the great places my "get up" has been!