[UK-CONTEST] WPX Multi SINGLE

Chris G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 13 06:18:38 PDT 2010

Alex, best keep the two things separate. SO2R is a single operator setup
where you have two stations used by one operator. The others are where
you have two or more stations simultaneously operated by two or more
operators.

Perhaps the easiest way is to describe what I have here. Most of the
peripherals I collected a few years ago during our IOTA Contest GU8D
days so the outlay has been spread over a number years. The main station
is now my K3 and Acom 1000 amp. Antenna selection is automatic via a
Topten band decoder, which also switches a Dunestar 600 bandpass filter,
which is placed between the K3 and the amp rf line. A 7 way DC control
cable goes from the decoder to the antenna relay switch, as does the
station A rf coax feed.

The second station is my original but modded FT1kMP which is probably
about 12-15 years old now. I don't own a 2nd amp! It also has a Topten
band decoder and Dunestar filter, plus a separate 7 way control cable
and its own station B coax feed to the remote antenna switch.

The two things that make SO2R work are firstly at the antenna area there
is a WX0B Six Pak unit. This contains 6 pairs of change-over relays with
lock-out cctry. So two coax lines and two sets of control lines in, plus
six antennas out. Station A can't use the antenna station B is using.

At the operating end there is a Topten DX Doubler SO2R controller. Mic,
key and PTT cables go to each radio, plus headset/mic input. You can
select various combos either from your logging s/w or manually.

Look here for more info  http://www.qth.com/topten/   Application note 6
also shows the SixPak connections.

Hope that helps. Others can describe M1, M2 etc

Chris G3SJJ