[UK-CONTEST] Phonetics

Paul_group paul_group at greenrover.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 17:47:16 PDT 2010

On 13/04/2010 22:26, Ian White GM3SEK wrote:
> David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:
>
>>>   Anyone got any other suggestions for X-ray other than
>>> Zeeloffono?

After I had just commissioned one of the first VHF police radio systems
in the UK, the operators were told to use "proper radio procedure" -
anyone having read the ascent of Rumdoodle will appreciate that comment..

Anyway, whilst clearing up the tools and casually listening to traffic I
heard the following:

Observing a car being driven at speed from a railway station car park,
the bobby called into the control room, requesting all officers to be on
the lookout for a car registration TBJ 145 which he believed to be stolen.

The inspector jumped to the desk and grabbed the microphone and tore a
strip off the bobby for not using phonetics.

The poor bobby replied in a rather shaky voice.. erm sorry .. thats
Tango Bango Jango....

--
73 de Paul GW8IZR IO73TI
http://www.gw8izr.com