[UK-CONTEST] Phonetics

tom wylie thomaswylie at sky.com
Thu Apr 15 00:57:03 PDT 2010

When I was in the polis in Glasgow we had a new civilian radio operator
just fresh out of college.  One day one of our boys in blue sent a
frantic message back to control
"Look out requested for a dar blue Audio motor car reg Number   blah
blah  blah."

Our new operator managed to rebroadcast the message verbatim, but in her
computer screen she typed

"Look out requested for a dark blue NODDY motor car.................

Took her years to live it down!!

Tom
GM4FDM

--
I am fully aware that my youth has been spent
That my get up and go - has got up and went