[UK-CONTEST] QRS and QRP

Danny Higgins danny.higgins at keme.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 13:51:57 PDT 2010

Tom,

I always slow down if I am called by a QRS station because I want to make
sure he gets the call and the report correct.  Also, he may come back again
in the next contest.

I use QRP for CW and DATA when conditions are good, as 100W to 10W is the
same as S9+30 to S9+20.  I use a full size 80M dipole up about 40 feet and
in the last CW contest I managed to hold a run frequency for over an hour.
It helps to have a low noise level to pick up the other QRP stations who
call.  I'll probably be QRP in tomorrow's data contest as I can only run 50W
in data modes, so only disadvantaged by 7dB this time.

Danny, G3XVR