[UK-CONTEST] 80m antennas

Peter Day microwaves at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Apr 23 10:30:04 PDT 2010

I remember well the time in the late 60s when I drove past G4JW's
location on the west side of Sheffield. On the face of it, he had a
fantastic location... an acre field next to his house and about 1000ft
asl with the ground falling off rapidly to the North. I was working
someone on 160m (mobile)at the time and, as I passed  4JW's house, the
mobile signal dropped several SA units! When  I looked at the geology
map I saw a very obvious fault line running right through JW's property!

Peter G3PHO (located in a rubbish site on gritstone)