[UK-CONTEST] PSK & RSGB 80M CC Events

Alex GM3ZBE alex at gm3zbe.plus.com
Wed Apr 28 02:09:01 PDT 2010

Hi,
 From my observations and participation in the 80MCC contests since
their inception, I believe most, if not all entrants ARE sticking to the
correct power levels in this contest series.  From up here nobody I hear
particularly stands head and shoulders above everybody else.  I operate
for the De Montfort Uni ARS and just for the record I do stick to the
appropriate limit and I am certain that my fellow group members do too!
Alex

Gordon Brown wrote:
> Although I participate in the 80M CC Events I really do look upon them as a joke, a bit of fun.  First of all it is not a Club Contest because Contest Groups participate.  The scoring system is such that the Clubs and Groups that can turn out the most participants have a huge advantage.  It would take a very persuasive politician to convince me that all participants are sticking to the correct power levels.  When can I expect to see SSTV introduced as a mode - it's the next step from RTTY and PSK.  All modes on the same evening would be a real challenge.
>
> Gordon G3MZV

Alex, GM3ZBE ~~~~ Kingdom of Fife ~~~ IO86lf ~~~
Member of:
De Montfort University ARS,
Kingdom Amateur Radio Society (KARS)
GMDX Group, CDXC, Aberdeen ARS
Previous callsigns GM8BYG, G3ZBE
Holder of GM4BRN club call.

Remember..............It's only a hobby!