[UK-CONTEST] G3RVM (QSL-ing...)

Stewart Rolfe gw0etf at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 1 01:24:03 PST 2010

Chris,

Personally I can't understand the need to have a qsl card for each contact made but appreciate there are plenty who still live by the tenet of "the final courtesy is a qsl..."

So after running out of storage space I've asked my sub-manager to 'recycle' my cards and I'll seek any card for dxcc confirmation etc by other routes. But I've also 'publicised' my willingness to return *any* qsl requests from stations asking by either direct card, over the air or via email. By publicising I mean a qrz.com profile and regular references over the air.

Ideally I'd like everyone to take note and for my sub-manager not to have any cards to bin as it's such a waste. I'm sure he still gets them as I followed this policy for a trip to The Gambia last year and yet still get buro cards for that (which I respond to..). So does anyone have any suggestions for reducing my 'buro hit rate' such as other fora like qrz.com that some may use..? At the end of the day one can't do anything about those that have their logging programs set to send a buro qsl for each qso logged including many contest stations.

I can foresee a future system where one's logging program will telnet a message to the other end indicating qsl preference when the contact is logged; very handy for contests....

73,

Stewart, GW0ETF

(No longer collecting shoe boxes..)